Monday, June 27, 2016

Mojito

Temperature already has reached to almost 45 degrees thoughout India. This year I have decided to try out varities of easy summer recipes which can be made with very common summer ingredients. Cool,delicious and healthy recipes are yet to come. Today I am going to post my second summer recipe after Kulfi, a very simple and easy Mocktail Recipe, very commonly known as Mojito.

Mojito (originated in Havana, Cuba) is a very refreshing citrus drink traditionally consists of 5 ingredients(Rum, Sugar, Water, Mint and lemon juice) with only 5-10% alcohol content. The combination of sweetness, sourness and the mint flavour complement each other. I have excluded Rum here and served the drink as a mocktail.

N.B. Its a very popular/Daily refreshment drink in my household these days :P

Ingredients: for 3 servings:

Mint Leaves: 20 leaves cleaned and washed
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Lemon- 1 (peeled)
Water
Polo peppermint- 2-3balls(avoidable)
Ice (as many as u can)

Procedure: 1) Add Lime peeled lime juice to sugar and Mint leaves.
2) Gently Mash them with a muddler. (I simply took my Wooden Roller which I used to make chapathi :P and also the aluminum dal pressing tool)
3) Add Water and Polo. Mix Well.
4) Keep in Refrigerator and add lots of ice and thin layers of lime while serve.

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment