Almost everyone of us have grew up seeing our moms making homemade kulfi with extra milk and other "always available ingredients" at home in summer vacation Kulfi is originated during Mughal Dynasty. Its one of the traditional Indian Dessert often called as frozen dairy dessert in Western Countries. Kulfi is popular in the countries like India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burma etc. Pistachio, Curdamom, Mango, Saffron, rose etc are the popular amongst all the flavours. Due to its thick density its takes much time to melt than other branded ice creams from the market.
Ingredients: Milk- 5 cups(preferably full fat)
Khova/Mawa- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1 cup (Adjust according to your intake)
Cashew Paste- (10 gms)
Curdamom Powder- 1tsp
Dry fruites of your choice-Chopped(Pistachios, Almonds and Cashews)
Essence of your choice (Pistachio/Keora or Screw pine/rose/Almond/ even Vanilla)
Saffron strands- 1 pince (optional)
Procedure: 1) Heat milk in a pan and reduce to 1/3 rd of its actual quantity.
2) Add sugar and should be dissolved in the milk.
3) Add curdamom powder and mix well.
4) Switch of the gas and let the milk completely cool.
5) Mix Khowa/mawa into the milk.
6) Add cashew paste.
7) Add essence of your choice and also add the crushed saffron.
8) Pour the mix in the Kulfi mould and let it set for overnight.
9) Serve either in the mould itself or else unmould the kulti with the help of a butter knife and serve in plate or ice cream bowl.