Monday, June 27, 2016

Lachcha Para(n)tha

After a long time the "Hungry Monster" inside me has woke up. I am going to share 3 of my recently prepared recipes this time. One of them is Lachcha Para(n)tha. I know its long pending recipe since my last post. Thanks to my very hectic work schedule. Oh! By the way, its my mother in law who made her first attempt to make this delicious para(n)tha. So I am narrating this recipe on behalf of her.

                        Lachcha Para(n)tha or Multi Layered Paratha is actually of two types. Panjabi Lachcha Para(n)tha, generally prepared in tandoor and also known as Panjabi Lachcha Para(n)tha. On the other hand in the eastern part of our country lachcha para(n)tha is made using Tawa(pan) also known as Tawa Lachcha Para(n)tha. Here she has used Tawa. I have also attaching step by step collage to let all of you understand its making.

Ingredients: White Flour- 1 cup
Ghee- 1 tablespoon
Baking soda- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

Procedure: 1) Mix salt,baking soda, and ghee with flour. Add water to make a soft dough. Let it rest for 1 hour.
2) Divide the dough into desired shaped balls.
3) First roll one ball into a thin flat chapathi (as pic-1). Now first fold from the edge of the chapathi (as pic 2). As in childhood we used to make Japanese Fan. Continue the same process and proceed (As pic3). After completion the shape will be like pic 4. Now start folding from one side (As in Pic 4). After folding the shape will like Pic 5.
4) Again you have to roll very softly and the layers will be visible (As in Pic 5)
5) Fry the Paratha in oil.
6) Serve hot with desired gravy, Achar, butter or Raita.
Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment